Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Blood while having bowel movement

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hello,

I am a 41 years old woman and here is what happened on my last period.
On 7/17 I had a bowel movement, but had hard time doing it.I noticed some blood on the toilette paper, sort of bright.Latter that day I went to the bathroom a few times just to urinate, but didn't see any blood. Latter around 8PM I noticed a small amount of brownish thicker thing on my underwear.It was very small.
In the evening around 10-11 PM , I wipped again and saw some "liquidish" looking blood. A few days before the 17th I had cramps as I usually have, but they kind of diseapered during the day of 17th. In the evening when I noticed blood again, the cramps started again. Whell, next day in the morning I got like a normal looking period, usual amount of blood and cramps.
Here are my questions:
1.Is this normal? I have no history of STD or any other female problems. The only difference in this month period was that came earlier, after 23 days. In the past 6-7 months my period was strange, like it was late, I was getting it after 40-45 days. Before this my period was every 23-25 days, pretty regular for years. A bit a background: I was under stress all those months, some personal issues with my boyfriend and I didn't have sex with anyone for about 3 years. At the end of April I met a new guy and we started having se and I felt very relaxed with him. My frst period after that was closer, about 33-35 days apart from the previous one, then I had it after 23 days again. Can be this all connected?
2. Did my periosd start actually on the 17th, when I first saw a bit of blood?

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|