Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Blood sugar remaining constant

I was doing well with my modified veggie diet. But my blood sugar does not drop. It FEELS like it does, but the meter says differently. All this started after taking Cipro. I get very dizzy, sometimes sick on my stomach, it seems like my blood pressure is affected. I take my readings, I am in the 80's. 90's, or 106 range. That is after eating. Only one time did I take my blood sugar and it was 50, that was after a very long bike ride, and I actually felt fine!

So, if I am hypoglycemic, which I have all the symptoms ya'll do, why does my blood sugar remain in a constant field? If I have an over reactive pancreas and producing too much insulin, wouldnt that make my blood sugar drop?

I do feel much better just eating veggies and meat. I was eating wheat bread, but that just did not work for me. I was eating yogurt and doing ok too. Then yesterday, I ate potatoes for dinner, (which I had been eating a small amount along) I changed to greek yogurt, drank pineapple juice in the am, ate an egg, toast and bacon. Had about 3 TBS ice cream last nite. This morning when I got up, I was the worst I have ever been, I thought I was a goner. Apple, goat cheese and sips of apple juice I finally came around. I had eaten for breakfast this am an egg, bacon and a piece wheat toast. Drank water. So I ate something good, but I still had this horrible attack. It took from 8 am to about 10 to finally feel like I was going to make it.

I have always been one to drink alot of water. I use 1 TBS lemon in the am with the water. I was also drinking apple juice.

Stan, you mentioned you got what was like a bladder infection. I have been battling that for a year. Feels like jabbing pains in my back, burns, but not like a real bladder infection. Certain foods made it worse. I was JUST getting past that by changing my diet, after a year of doctors scratching their heads, and then I had this attack this morning

When these symptoms first appeared, I noticed right away, walking and drinking water lessoned the severity. I also noticed this vein in my hand would get really big when I was like this. I am also getting what I call hot flashes about 1.5 - 2 hours after I eat. Almost like my body is trying to burn sugar off, but I am not eating any. When everything is more normal, I do not get these.

Can anyone shed some light and help me? I am at my wits end with this. It is affecting every aspect of my life. I tried to work today, I actually had to run get my cheese and blueberries in the middle of chatting with a customer.

Thanks to all who can chime in and shed some light.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2010
Anyone have any information?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Yeah, that sounds like it definitely! First off, make sure you read through my diet in this forum. It says 'Hypglycemia Rules and Diet'. A lot of your questions should be answered in there. There are some things, for example, that you shouldn't be eating. Bacon, to give you just one that I read up there, is cured in sugar. The thing about the readings is tricky. Basically, your body corrects the PHYSICAL problem before you realize it. When you take the readings, it reads normal because the insulin hasn't shot out yet. Probably happens to you around 2 or 3 hours. Then, what the body does is it takes it away from less important areas, like those in your brain that make you feel pleasant, and puts that in the blood to keep everything in check. If you read it at that point, it will look normal because it essentially is since it's taken away from your brain, etc.
|

Hi Stan, thanks for the reply. I am not understanding the correcting part. When I take the readings, it is because I feel like an attack is coming on, I haven't eaten yet, but the readings are normal. In the mornings my readings are 70-90, which is normal.
Are you saying it has already corrected itself? Even random samples during the day tho are all within range. This is the confusing part! I am never low on the readings.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
No, it's corrected itself in the sense that your body has drawn enough sugar to be in the BLOOD, but it's taken it away from other areas or artificially manipulated it using adrenaline, etc.
|