Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Blood seeping out of pore on nose

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Yesterday while at breakfast I wiped my hand over the outside of my nose as it felt irritated. When I looked down I saw bright red blood on my hand. My family said that my nose was bleeding. They handed me a mirror and blood was seeping out of a pore on the side of my nose. I wiped the blood away and it kept bleeding heavily. I put pressure on it but when I'd stop it would continue to bleed heavily. It took about 10 minutes or so before the blood slowed down enough to clot. I left the little dried blood spot alone all day as I was afraid it would start up again if I messed with it.

As a side note my monthly cycle started the same morning a week early.

Any ideas what could cause this and should I be concerned?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 17th, 2009
i imagine it could have been some blood blister or a pimple on the outside of your nose, or even a blood vessel gone astray that you popped open.
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Pore bleed
This happened to me too - never happened before. I had no pimple - I didn''t scratch it - and I wasn''t on my period. I was riding in the car. We were going to the mountains - went from 6500 ft altitude to almost 10000 ft altitude. I thought maybe that might be the culprit. Mine was the same - bled out of a pore on the side of nose - took like 10 min. to stop with presure. I too, let the red dot alone because I was afraid it would start bleeding again. Any thoughts?
|