Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Blood pressure won't go down

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
My mother's blood pressure will not come down no matter what. We have tried many medications over the last several months. Her heart 'stress test' and her kidney function tests are OK, but the blood pressure stays around 180/110. Do you have any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Glad2Bhere
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2010
Has she tried any homeopathic remedies to assist in lowering her bp? Sometimes they are a good alternative to prescription meds.
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2010
Have you tried any homeopathic remedies? There are certain natural companies that have herbal remedies for hypertension or high blood pressure. Try checking out a website called Botanical-Wisdom.com. They have a number of homeopathic remedies, specifically one called blood pressure control. This herbal supplement has been clinically tested to lower the bp of men and women from ages 30-70's. Not saying this is a cure to your problem, but it may definitely be a good way of controlling your bp without a heavy medication, or by just adding to it. Since it is natural, there are no side effects to this. There are studies for this nutraceutical under a different name, Hypertril, on their manufacturer's website unapproved link removed. Myself, I do research on mostly everything before I put it in my body. I hope this helps. Good luck to you and I wish you and your mother well.
|

replied April 5th, 2010
Has she had a blood catecholamines test to rule out a pheochromocytoma? My husband had one, and they call it the 10% tumor because at least 10% of people will have a heart attack or stroke before they get diagnosed. Hard to control bp is one symptom.
|