Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Blood Pressure @ age 35

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
In last 20 days. following 3 incidences happened.

1. BP 160/110 When admitted to the hospital, i came to know that B12 Is low (165), uric acid and trigeryceride (275) high.
2. After 1 week, BP was 100/140 I could not sleep whole night
3. After 20 days of 1st incidence, same thing happened. I was in a goood moood and suddenly my bp increased to 146/96.

I am taking medicine .. Pl suggest what can be reason.....Also, my heart reports are very good but my doctor told me that I have biscupid arotic valve...........

How seriously I should take this matter? Pl reply at the earliest to you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2012
You don't give your age and gender and you don't tell us why you were admitted to the hospital.
A bicuspid aortic valve is not normal, and such valves are somewhat more prone to develop narrowing and calcification. So your doctor should keep an eye on this problem.
I am uncertain whether you have hypertension (high blood pressure) inasmuch as you mention only two pressures that were elevated under possibly abnormal circumstances (being in the hospital for some reason).
Get some more blood pressure checks when you are out of the hospital. Indeed, consider taking blood pressures at home after being taught how to use the equipment. Write the pressures down, and then consult with your physician.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.