Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Blood is too thick or thin

User Profile
I have notice that when I am using my glucose meter that something strange is hopping to me.
As everyone knows, you have to prick the end of your finger when you test your glucose.
Sometimes my blood sample is really thick and does not want to come to the surface. At other times, my blood sample shoots out rather fast and is very thin and runs down my finger like water.
It seems to happen in patterns what could be making this happen?
Anyone!

Dutchmann2
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2009
Community Volunteer
Probably your diet, could be a sign you're starting to move into a diabetic phase.
|

replied August 7th, 2009
Alternating thick and thin blood
Dutchmann, I just noticed this same thing myself this afternoon when I took my blood sugar except my blood has always seemed thick and dark and today it was lighter and much thinner. Watery is how I would describe it. I am curious as to why this happened. What I've done differently in the last few days is eat a lot less (couldn't help it and am back to eating better now) and have had a lot more water to drink. I can't find any research that connects to it, but everything I read seems to say thinner blood is better.
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2009
Experienced User
on days whn you notice it to be thin, how much water do you drink? or how much tea(caffeine) coffee do you drink as this dehydrates us. As a rule for every amount of these we drink we should be drinking the same in water to replace what the caffeine takes out of us. there are ways of controling our diabetic state or even reversing it as i have through nutrition. Look up vital functions of salt in the body, this will probably amaze you. I'd be interested to hear your quantities of water consumption & whether it might be related to your blood viscosity. Also acidity in our bodies is directly related to bad health. If i can be of any help to any one to show you where you can learn more please do not hesitate! I'm here to help!
|

replied October 13th, 2010
i have rh negative blood and i take 90 milagrams of cumadin aday,the doctors do not know why my blood is not gettinh thinner.it just keeps getting thicker
|
Quick Reply