Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Blood in stools

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Friday night went out drinking.
Saturday morning, I passed normal stools but the water was bright red
Went again early Saturday night, there was no blood but didn't really pass any stools, only small amount
Drank again Saturday night and then this morning (Monday) I passed normal stools again and there was the blood again - bright red water again
No pain or other symptoms at all
No medical problems generally
No medications being taken
Generally normally healthy and fit
Male, 30
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2015
Young male,most common answer for this = hemorrhoids.Internal (can't feel unless you insert finger)/ external,you can feel. Both totally treatable. Also might be fissures which are just tiny tears. Highly unlikely to be a lower rectal vault or lower colonic issue but I have to advise you to see a GI doc for proper diagnosis OK? Don't worry, I'm pretty darned sure it's hemorrhoids or fissures but get checked and get the right treatment.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.