Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

blood in stool and sore anus

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I went to the bathroom this morning and had a bowel motion.
It was a little painful to go, when i finished i noticed some bright red blood on my stool.
My anus is now burning a little.

this is the first time it has happend.

i am on coloflac for irratble bowl but havnt been taking it as religously as i should.

should i be worried/go see my doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2011
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on E Health Forum.

From the history provided here, presence of burning sensation during bowel movements, blood in stools, indicate that you might be having anal fissures.

Anal fissures are very painful while passing bowel movements, and are caused due to severe constipation and hard stools. These fissures can bleed and leave a coating of blood on the stools.

You might consider consulting your doctor for an examination and proper treatment of the underlying condition.

Control of constipation is an important aspect in the management of this condition.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.