Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Blood Clot period

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
is it normal to have many blood clots in your period?? i am currently on my period but all that is coming out is blood clots... Am I pregnant and having a miscarriage??? I am also experiencing really bad cramps.. pls help..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2009
every period i have had has always been really heavy with blood clots, and i get severe cramps.

within the first 7 hours i vomit constantly, on my period.

what could that be? =/
|

replied February 20th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
you both might want to see a doctor about this
|

User Profile
Supporter
I never had clots with my period until I hit my late twenties. Now I have them all the time. They're normal for women who have heavy flows. You can get checked out just to be on the safe side but the doctor will probably tell you the same thing. You may want to take an iron supplement during this time because heavy periods do make you slightly anemic. (The only symptom of anemia I suffer from during my period is fatigue.)
|

Experienced User
My periods are always VERY intense. (Possibly PMDD, will know once my clinic stops being lame.) Having blood clots are perfectly normal and unless you are having weakness or dizziness associated with them you should be perfectly fine.

If dizziness or weakness has occurred see a doctor pronto! Anemia can be very serious.

Best of luck. (Oh and I have always found that making yourself walk around while having cramps actual helps in the long run! Hope that helps!)
|

myomas
so far, my periods were always normal. Two days ago, I suddenly lost a lot of blood and there were many large clots in it (as big as walnuts). I went to see my doctor and he said I have myomas. We have to check regularly now and make sure they dont grow.
He advised a light pill which will lead to a lighter period.
Was so shocked, I never experienced such a horrible event during my period. Really scary.
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2012
Late periods with clots and pregnancy symptoms, am i pregnant?
Hi guys i have a propblem, My periods were late for 2days, but before that i had pregnancy symptoms for 2 weeks before my preiods. Im on my periods now but still feel all the symptoms, tender breast, tired, saliva in my mouth. My periods were with colts as big as a nut and lasted only two days. can i be pregnant, we were trying to conceive. Crossing fingers.
|