Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

blood blister on penis head

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I recently noticed a dark purplish spot on the right side of my head of the penis. I was worried and went to ER to find out what it is. The ER doctor who saw me said it was just a bruise contusion hematoma (aka blood blister or something like that) and he gave me this ointment called mupirocin ointment (2%). I don't remember how often he told me to use it and how long I would need to use it before this hematoma went away. I have not started taking it yet. I'd like to learn more about it incase of some crazy side effects

ER Doc said it was not an STD or anything too serious, but just being the fact I've never had an issue like this on my penis, is still making a bit nervous.

Has anyone ever had this problem before as well and can let me know how long before it goes away or can let me know if this ointment really works, how often I should use it or if I really even need the ointment at all and just let the hematoma thing go away on it's own? Also should I not have any intercourse or anything of such while I have it?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 13th, 2008
Has your condition improved...
I have similar, if not identical symptoms.
|

replied January 5th, 2009
Hello
Yes, i had similar problem caused by friction - it's almost identical - caused by having allot of sex or when you do have sex, it lasts too long and it goes dry - so you are prone to bruising/blistering you penis head. Thing is that it goes away SLOW! Ointment might help. Not sure what Mupirocin is. (an antibiotic to prevent infection - found on Wiki)
Problem is that you shouldn't wear underwear and the penis skin shouldn't cover the bruise - it will keep it moist and it needs to dry to heal. So it's a bit complicated. When you sleep you need to be careful not to put preasure on it, and most important of all when you shower - wash your penis carefully and quick around the bruise - it has a crust like any bruise that will fall off when in contact with water for too long. Don't use the towel let it dry after showering on it's own. (the crust might stick to the towel and you will take it off) Given the area where it is - it will heal very slowly if you don't keep it dry. If you sweat at night it will not help. Just one more thing - TRY not to have an erection (or have reasons to have one) when you have the crust - it will break because of the skin expansion - and it might bleed severely - and you end up with bigger crust and a deeper wound. It will take up to two weeks to heal. You shouldn't have wild sex after that - take it slowly and things will be OK!
|

replied March 20th, 2014
blood blister on penis head
I was having "accelerated" sex with my wife last night and felt extreme pain (I actually had to withdraw and quit). It felt like the head of my penis was being crushed in a vice. It was then that I noticed blood on the bed and a pool on the floor. I went to the bathroom to wipe it off with cool water, but found the rest of the blood was under the skin. I have a blood blister almost the size of a small eraser on the head and am extremely tender. Should I see a doctor or will it heal by itself?
|
Tags: penis, head, std
Quick Reply