Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

blood and mucus during bowel movement

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I am new to this forum but do need some advise. I recently gave birth in January, had a tubal ligation 6 weeks later. I have been having this problem shortly after the tubal. I am passing tissue like substance with blood when having a bowel movement. This is accompanied by cramping, chills, the urge to have bm but nothing comes out except the tissue, mucus stuff with blood. I also have pain and itching near the anus, no outward signs of hemarroids, no history either. Loss of appetite because I always feel full or only eat a small amount, pass gas more frequent (smells bad) Any advise would be helpful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Can you, please, be more precisely with description of tissue like substance?
Are you experiencing normal bowel movements mixed with mucous and blood or the form and consistency of bowel movements are changed, too?
Do the abdominal pain and cramping go away after having a bowel movement?
|

replied September 2nd, 2008
hey
so the same thing happened to me and I went to the hospital, they almost admitted me. now I am schedualed to have a colonoscopy in 5 days!!
I havent had a kid or anything but I have had the same symptoms... did you find out what it is yet?? oh and doctors told me it's not hemeroides.
so if I find out whats wrong with me I'll tell ya whats up so you might have a better idea as to whats wrong with you
|

replied October 1st, 2008
hi
i too am experiencing just mucus and blood in my stool. I have lost a fair bit of weight the past couple of weeks. I had seen a doc about a year ago because of the mucus. he did a stool sample but came up with nothing. It kinda went away for a bit. now its back, worse than before. I am always in the washroom and am often running there. Did you get your colonoscopy yet? I am scared i will have to get one. I see my doc tomorrow.
|

replied October 8th, 2008
So
Today I had a normal, painfree bowel movement, only there was a LARGE amount of blood? I am not sure what to think about it. It was bright red, and there was quite a bit of it. What is wrong with me????
|

replied May 5th, 2011
no need to worry..i had the same symptoms ...and confirmed tat ist just internal hemarroids via colonoscopy...you don't worry cancer is very rare before 50 years of age...unless u hav a family history of cancer...so enjoy stress free life...

rgds
adithya
|

replied June 13th, 2013
Did anyone confirm what the problem is? I'm also experiencing this. I have the throbbing after a bm... No itching just aches after a bm
|