Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

blood after poop

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
since january i have started to notice blood on the tissue after i poo. this was happening on a regular basis but in the last 2-3 weeks it is happening everytime i go to the toilet and it is now painfull when i poo and also afterwards for a few minutes. i have no piles that i can see and the blood is fresh. could it be i just tore myself a little or is it something i need to get checked out Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
Supporter
Hi and welcome to the forum..You need to be checked..Blood after bowel movements are not normal..Since you do not have piles youneed ot be checked..Safe than sorry honey..kd
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You probably tore something when you went to the bathroom at some point and it just didn't heal. It's called an anal fissure. Since it is not healing on it's own, I agree that you need to go to the doctor and have it checked. It could also be internal piles (hemorrhoids), which aren't visible from the outside. Those need to be treated with medication.

To prevent this in the future, make sure you don't force things when you "go", drink plenty of water, and get more fiber in your diet through fruits and vegetables or through fiber supplements.

Good luck.
|
Quick Reply