Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Bloating, Gas, Excessive Saliva, Gurgling

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Hello,

I am new to this forum and don't usually reach out in places like this about medical issues but I needed to put it out there in case someone here may have similiar symptoms.

For the last two years (this past year being the strongest) I have had ongoing issues with bloating, gas bubbles, gurgling in my stomach and excessive saliva production. When I get gas bubbles they usually are isolated to my left side and I literally can feel them moving around. It's uncomfortable and embarrassing. Then the bubbles will get stuck and cause me pain and discomfort. This sometimes happens right before bed I spend a lot of time trying to work out the air.

I have a pretty easy going diet. I don't drink soda, I don't drink caffine. I am not a smoker, nor do I chew gum. I gave up all that stuff when I was a teen. I am 37 years old now. I AM lactose intolerant so I don't eat dairy. I have soy milk with my cereal in the morning and that's it. I don't eat much junk food either. I am also pretty active.

My next problem is a bit more embarrassing but I have a lot of saliva production that causes me to have to spit. When I do spit it is a significant amount too. I don’t know why this happens but it feels as if it builds up in my mouth while I am talking etc and I get almost a frothy mouth. This has been going on for about three years. And I don’t feel I can swallow the excess saliva because it will give me a stomach ache or feels like I am swallowing bubbles.

If anyone has similar symptoms and has had a doctor find a diagnosis, please share. I am so tired of these issues. I have talked to a doctor about it but they tied it to stress and said I needed to take Priolsec but what I have isn’t GERD. I have occasional heartburn but only after meals that would usually give someone heartburn.

Help,

~ btrflygirl
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile btrflygirl
|

replied April 2nd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied April 14th, 2011
Hello, I am wondering if you found an answer on your problem, I too have everything you explained and haven't been able to find out what it is.
|

replied May 14th, 2011
I dont no if it will help, but have you tried breathing through your mouth more then normal (might help dry your mouth out and reduce saliva)
|

replied March 30th, 2012
Hi There
I am not a meical expert but have done a lot of research into health and know that our diet is usually what causes symptoms like the ones you are explaining. Have you looked into the Alkaline diet, I think this could really help you, and avoi alcohol coffee, sugar and red meat.
There are loads of resources ont he alkaline diet online if you just do a bit of research, you may need to do a detox to help get rid of the bloating.
Hope this helps
|