Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Bloating after eating

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hello,

my name is Kim. I am having a problem recently with my stomach. It actually started last night, but i think i had this condition for awhile now. Well whenever i eat even light foods, i have been getting severely bloated ecpecially right under my ribs. last nite we went out to eat, but before i even got there i was starting to bloat, and i couldn't understand it because all i ate that day was 2 english muffin and maybe a hand full of chip, because i knew we were going to eat. So i couldn't understand why i was bloating up then. So going on with the story, when i got home after eating out, i was in severe discomfort right under my ribcage, it was like my stomach was right under my ribs, it was painful, bloating, i had a hard time breathing and i could not get comfortable. Now i didn't have gas nor was i burping. i tried to lay down and all of a sudden i got really sick, i threw up and it didn't even help. 20 minutes later i threw up again and the pain subsided. i didn't want to eat the next day but i tried, for fear it was going to happen again. i ate very little today, and i am bloated again. another thing when my belly growls, when i am hungry, it feels like it is growling right under my ribs. i have hypothyroidism i am on medication, but i have not taken it for about 3 weeks now, because of the simple fact is i don't have insurance. can you please give me some answers. i feel like i am bloated all the time, i don't go to the 'bathroom' very often either, but i have always been that way.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hypothyroidism causes few gastrointestinal problems.
Actually, the low blood thyroid hormones level leads to slow working of stomach and bowels.
The most common gastrintestinal complain in hypothyroidism people is constipation, that is always accompanied with abdominal bloating and lower abdominal pains.
Another problems are bloating after meal and acid reflux, that are direct result from gastroparesis or delayed stomach emptying.
Gastroparesis is a disorder in which the stomach takes too long to empty its contents, and the food in stomach causes bacterial overgrowth and food that stays too long may hardened causing severe nausea, vomiting and obstruction of food on a way to small bowels.
Symptoms of gastroparesis are heartburn, pain in upper abdomen, nausea, vomiting undigested food, sometimes even hours after meal, feeling of fullness only after few bites, abdominal bloating, lack of appetite, weight loss, acid reflux, stomach pains.

Try to find a way to get your daily therapy with substitutional thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroid patients must take this therapy daily without interruptions.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?