Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Bloated stomach after period is over, with nausea and fatigue

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi, I am new to this forum however after reading the topics and answers here, I feel maybe I can find the answers to my problems as well.
Have been trying to conceive and had sex with my husband around the time I ovulated between 31st july and 3rd august. My periods came one week early on 13th august and lasted only for 2 days. So Im thinking maybe im not pregnant, however I have a bloated stomach with slight shooting pain sometimes. It lasts for only a few secs and then its ok.all preg tests are negative...could I still be pregnant. Also have nausea during the day, especially after eating.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The shorter and lighter period that you had after 7-10 days of having intercourse could have been suggestive of possibility of implantation bleeding. Your symptoms also could be suggestive of possibility of pregnancy. Urine pregnancy tests usually start showing positive results after about 20 days post-conception that roughly corresponds to about a week after your missed periods. Wait and watch for your actual periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms. If you do not get your periods within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you get abnormal periods, or if you develop symptoms suggestive of pregnancy, you should consider visiting your gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet.
If pregnancy gets ruled out, go ahead with getting complete infertility work-up done for you and your partner to identify any other underlying abnormality that might hinder pregnancy chances. Appropriate treatment measures would be suggested to help you get pregnant (based on examination and investigation results). All the best.
Take care.

|

replied September 4th, 2012
Hi i & my fiance had unprotected sex always..he always withraw out coz we plan to have baby only after 9mths more to get marry. Recently i had my period which was last for 2 days only.. It was heavy then stopped.. After few days i have diz cramps, feel giddy & nausea, feel uncomfortable in my tummy like im bloated... I feel hungry & craving for foods too.. Can sum1 pls advise.. Thks...
|

replied August 26th, 2011
Thanks for detailed information. Have scheduled an appointment with my gynaecologist, however in the meantime, some of the symptoms have aggrevated which worries me, especially. Along with the lower abdominal bloating, now i have pelvic region swelling as well. There is no pain or discomfort in urinating, however just general discomfort. Also I feel dizzy all the time..
Please advise...
|

replied September 4th, 2012
Same goes to me .. I wee elot, hv diz giddiness & nausea... Sudden crave fer foods.. Last ma mense fer only 2 days which is heavy.. Bloating , cramps & swelling too.. Let us know after u mit ur gynae.. Thks Smile
|

replied November 1st, 2012
hi my husabd and i have been trying for almost a year. my period was 5 days late, so i thought we were pregnant. now i am pretty tired and have different levels of nausea throughout the day. my breasts have gotten swollen and are senstive. any thoughts???
|

replied March 6th, 2013
Hi, ive been trying to be pregnant as well.although i got my periods a couple of days late but the flow was almost as good as nothing after the third day. My stomach is bloated and i feel very uncomfortable especially when i lie down. It feels as if my stomach is stretching and sometimes have short pains/cramps. And i cant sleep on my tummy or back which i ussually do.have to put a pillow beside so that my tummy is not pressed. I also used to feel nausea but very slight before my periods. And i also strangely dont like the taste of any food these days.
Could i by any chance be pregnant?! I got my hopes down once i got my periods. And i had also done a home test 1 day after my expected menstrual date, and it showed negative.
It would be great if anyone could help me with some informations. Thanks
|

replied April 28th, 2013
HELP
I had unprotected sex on March 10 I got my period on March 18, but it was only three days and lighter than normal. Ive been nauseous, vomitting, sleeping and bloating in my pelvic area. I've even noticed veins all over ... I took several pregnancy test which were negative and went to Planned Parenthood took a test it was negative as well. I had another period, but it was VERY LIGHT like barely anything im still having symptoms like being naseous, vomiting and being fatigue I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, but Im scared to know the results !
|

replied September 11th, 2013
does bloated and unusual bleeding mean your pregnat ?
Heyyy I had sex the 29 of august unprotected and he came in me. Like the 4 of september I had little cramps like I was getting my period and very bloated . Also I felt more tired then ever and on september I spotted nexr day was bleeding heavily and now is seems neautral . I have little pains bellow my tummy that come amd goes and still feel bloated and bubbly from my tummy can I be pregnat ??? Help please
|

replied October 27th, 2013
hi i got my periods on 5 sep and i got married on 7 ct n den v had sex on 8 oct immediately i had ipill coz we are not planning a baby now..
i got my periods exactly on 16 oct and the flow was also good for 4 days..but after my periods i m experiencing breast tenderness and abdominal bloating and slight pain and pull in my vaginal area.
feeling little weak and giddy.
please help.
|

replied November 28th, 2013
This month has been the first that my husband and I are trying to conceive (the first week of November). Before my period, I've experienced breast and lower abdomen tingling/tugging.
I had my period over the weekend (Nov.22nd). It was really light the first day, then regular on days 2 and 3, then lighter on the 4th day. The night before my period, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling extremely nauseous (no vomiting), I've never felt that way during pms or any other time.
It's been about 3-4 days after my period and am still feeling bloated, just a tad nauseous, a bit tired and a just very little tingling sensation in breast and lower abdomen. I took a home pregnancy test & it was negative.
A woman's body teases her, I guess.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.