Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

blisters on fingers

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
The last few months, what I describe as 'blisters' have been forming on my fingers. They appear suddenly and form over the length of a day. My skin puffs up as if it got burned, then gets all lumpy and slightly painful. Once formed, they don't seem to go away, they only get numb and slightly less puffy. The blisters have been spreading, they cover nearly half of my two pointer fingers now.

Nothing I've been doing would cause this. I don't do rough work with my hands. My skin is allergic to certain metals, but my skin only reacts if it has been touching the metal for a long time, and the rash goes away fast. I'm not using anything on my fingers, I haven't been touching anything unusual, and most of the blisters are on the backs of my fingers.

What could this be? My fingers are starting to turn gross, I don't want it to spread any more!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
I just want to add that these blisters don't resemble acne or exzema, nor do they itch. In appearance, it almost looks like a reaction to something like poison ivy. I haven't been anywhere near any odd plants though.
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
When you pop them does clear liquid come out.. You can see by looking at them there is water in there.. They just multiply right? They're really small in clusters.. I always get that in the summer time from the heat.. I am not 100% sure.. Thanks for posting it! I will definitly want to see what the answers are..

ALSO I would recommend going to the doctor if its spreading more...
|

replied April 24th, 2008
Most of them can't be popped at this point, they're kind of under the skin, but I don't see any liquids there.

However, I was just able to pop a couple of the brand new ones, and just a hint of clear liquid came out.

I think they've been appearing since February. I'll just notice a couple small round bubbles the normal color of my skin on my finger, and they'll grow over the course of a day until my skin turns numb and dry.

I'll see a doctor if it gets any worse.
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
Weird blisters on fingers
I got this weird bubble on mi left ring finger.i dont know what it is.my teacher said it could be poision ivy but i wasnt even outside when it appeared.
it was all normal,then after gym it itched really bad,then it just like appeared.it still kinda itchess.but it doesnt hurt.
|

replied April 28th, 2009
blister
I keep having thoses too! I'm kinda worried about it! I have eight of them on my hands and they just started yesturday! I don't know hat they are, I've never gotten this before and I'm not doing anything different! Somebody help me too!! I'm really scared! Is this normal if I'm not doing anything different and eight appear for no reason at all!
|

replied May 7th, 2009
blisters on fingers
I had those too on my middle finger. They surfaced after a day and now that area is red, tender, scaly and itchy. I guess in summer body fluid is trapped under skin that causes eczema. Think that your skin gets moisturized from within.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
its called pompholyx google it and i bet its what you have.... you will get your answers there.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
also, its nothing a dr can help you with, its a skin condition thats hard to treat. the websites on pompholyx can help you find ways to ease it while it heals.
|

replied July 29th, 2009
Pompholyx certainly sounds exactly like what I have. Luckily my case doesn't seem to be too severe. I wrote that original post over a year ago, and it still happens to me all the time. Thanks for the info.
|