Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

bleeding with tampons

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
this morning i put on my tampon and when i went to the bathroom a few hours later i had blood on my underwear but there was none in the toilet. so i took it out, took a shower and put in another and also a small pad and when i check there was a little blood again. it stopped bleeding the next time i checked. what could the bleeding be from? b.c i put the tampon the same way i always do and it shouldn't have been leaking b.c it wasnt full.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 16th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Blub, blood can leak between the tampon and your vaginal walls. Even though you might think you positioned it the same, it might have been slightly off.

You have very little feeling that deep in your vagina so it is difficult to tell if it is in deep enough so make sure you push it in well.

You can also try a different brand of tampon. Some brands expands sideways, some length wise. I know that O>B. expands sideways. Not sure about the others.

It is unfortunately also a problem with some woman's anatomy and they will always leak. Since you are still growing I will not worry about it too much. Just use a panty liner with the tampon. Never use two tampons at the same time and do not go to a larger absorbency unless you fill the tampon in 4 hours or less.

Best of luck!
|

replied February 18th, 2010
okay thank you Smile and also uhm when im pushing the inner ring inside i have to move it around and push a little harder, stop and do a little more. but today i was doing that and i felt something happen when i was ppushing it like it pushed through something and then it slid in easily. my tampon fits a lot better than it was before but i dont know what it was. anyone know?
|

Especially eHealthy
Blub, Well done.

You have plenty of muscles close to the opening of your vagina. Once it is past the outer third of of your vagina it should go easier. When the tampon is in deep enough, you should not be able to feel it.

Remember to use a teen sized tampon unless you fill it in less than 4 hours, change tampons every 4 hours, do not sleep with a tampon in, use overnight pads. It may also not be comfortable or safe to use a tampon when you are not flowing or not flowing enough to make removal comfortable.
|

okay Smile thanks for the help!
|
Quick Reply