Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

bleeding when pooing

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
what does it mean when i go for a poo i then find blood on the tissue after wipeing myself?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Blood on the toilet tissue usually indicates presence of hemorrhoids, or swollen and inflamed veins around the anus and lower rectum.
If you have noticed swollen and painful lumps around the anal opening you may have external hemorrhoids.
They will bleed due to excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus.
The same actions may cause itchiness in the anal area, too.
If there aren't painful swellings around the anal opening, you may have internal hemorrhoids.
They are painless, and very often cause bleeding, resulting in blood seen in the toilet, covering the stool, or blood at the toilet tissue.
Another cause for blood on the toilet tissue are anal fissures.
They are small tears of the anal mucosa in the anal canal and around the anal opening, appearing when the mucosa is stretched beyond its capability.
This happens due to constipation (straining and passing hard stool) and anal sex.
More obvious bleeding, or in larger amounts, besides internal hemorrhoids, may indicate bleeding from polyps and diverticulum in the lower part of the colon.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?