Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

bleeding too long after an abortion.

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
hey,
i am very concerned. i had an abortion on july 9th, 2011. i have been bleeding since then and have not stopped. It's already oct 31st,2011. its like looonnngg normal period. its worrying me now. ii KNOW its way too long to still be bleeding. some days it comes brown like its finishing, then some days its bright red. i dont spot which to me would be regular..i just keep bleeding. not normal? need some suggestions..anyone going thru wut im going through?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 1st, 2011
IDK what it could be but did u go to the dr? and i am having an abortion next week..would u mind telling me ur experience?
|

replied November 1st, 2011
I had a abortion on august 11 2011 and am also still bleeding.. I was dropping clots and hevay amounts of tisse and blood the 3rd time it happened I rushed to planned parenthood(where I had the surgery done) and they said I was fine? They examined me and said I had no remains of conception but that I did have a cycst on my ovary. And in the drs opinion it was just my period. I've been lightly bleeding since that day. Like you said sometimes its like the end of a period but then it'll be bright. I have to weaar protection daily( tampon and a pad sometime)
|

replied November 4th, 2011
Bleeding after abortion
I had an abortion medical on Oct 12th 2011 and am still bleeding till now. first few weeks it was heavy and now is gone to normal bleeding. what do l do cos l have wearing pad since then
|

replied December 17th, 2011
Re: Bleeding after abortion
sara2 wrote:
I had an abortion medical on Oct 12th 2011 and am still bleeding till now. first few weeks it was heavy and now is gone to normal bleeding. what do l do cos l have wearing pad since then
|

replied December 17th, 2011
Re: Bleeding after abortion
sara2 wrote:
I had an abortion medical on nov 56th 2011 and am still bleeding till now. first few weeks it was heavy and now is gone to normal bleeding. what do l do cos l have wearing pad since then
|

replied August 9th, 2012
heavy bleeding
hi guys, i too had an abortion on the 7th june its now 9th august.....i was pregnant with twins so the drs told me id prob bleed more, i bled very heavily after the abortion pill and bled for about 2 weeks, i then had my period after 6 weeks and this just came on me suddenly, lots and lots of blood was pouring out like a tap and then clotted after about half an hour, this really scared me and had to call hubby home from work to look after the kids, ive been bleeding light and heavily since......is this normal? ive not been the doctors yet x
|

replied August 10th, 2012
jp2005, I would suggest you get back to the doc for a follow-up to make sure the pills worked and you have no remnants of the pregnancy. I would do that ASAP. It's been too long.
|