Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

bleeding post prostiva rf therapy

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
I have two concerns related to my Medtronic RF prostate treatment (TUNA) of one month ago. I still experience a small amount of blood in my urine. I experience slightly more blood when I have a bowel movement (less than a teaspoonful). I hope this will gradually reduce but how long will it take ? I am more concerned with my condition of blood (not bright red) in my ejaculation. I was not able to find a database that indicated related (TUNA)bleeding with any indications of percentages of post operative cessation of urethral/prostate bleeding associated with my prostiva RF therapy. I will bring up these issues with my Doctor tomorrow but I would greatly appreciate additional professional feedback.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2008
bleeding post rf prostiva treatment
I posted this question yesterday, no replies, as yet. My doctor has informed me that the bleeding is routine and it will stop, eventually ! I was given another appointment for 1 month from now--- I guess I will survive !
|

replied December 27th, 2009
check up
Well it been a little over a year now.... hows it going as of now ?
|

replied February 24th, 2010
I got prostiva treatment 3 weeks ago and I still have blood every time I urinate, more during the night. The blood comes first before the urine.
The urination still burns slightly.
|

replied June 4th, 2013
Prostiva complications
I had prostiva 2 years ago and everytime I urinate it is like peeing splinters
|
Quick Reply