Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Bleeding one week before period is due

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hi. I'm 27 years old. I'm trying to get pregnant for the first time(I'm not using precautions any more since one year). I usually have a 30 day menstrual cycle, but sometimes I'm some days late. My periods are painless, and lasts 5-6 days. I had my last period on 28 June 2009, and on 20 July i start seeing few brown drops in my pants. On 21 July i had light reddish bleeding mostly when i wiped my self (wasn't necessary to wear a liner) and today I'm bleeding a little bit more. Yesterday i went to my gynecologist and did a vaginal echo, urine and vaginal secretions tests, but I'm going to have the results of the tests this afternoon. Based on the echo, the doc said i was ovulating, the diameter of my left ovum was 19mm. That's strange to me...why am i bleeding then??? I have small cramps on my left side of the ovaries, but she said i didn't have any cists on the ovaries or elsewhere. I recently had a pap test, and it was OK. I want to say also that i have to urinate too often(without burning or other problems) every hour during the day, and twice at night. I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet. What should i do?
Can you please give me an advice or an explanation why this happened?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristybites
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
hi again. i just took my tests. I didn't have any problems in the result of the urine test or the secretions of the vagina. The doctor said it's normal to bleed from time to time like this. But she gave me no other explanation.
I'm not conviced. How can someone bleed while ovulating and this can be normal????
Can anyone give me an advice or just an opinion please?
|

replied April 9th, 2010
sometimes when you ovulate, the utaris contracts like a period, so somtimes bleeding occurs when the egg makes its way down, when you ovulate your ovarys swell, and make there way down, the utaris contracts and blood occurs, almost like when inplantation occurs.
|

replied August 25th, 2010
Very light / medium spotting a week before expeted periods
Hi,

I am trying to conceive for the first time and have been trying for 4 months. I have always had very regular 28 day cycle. But last 2 cycles have been weird. Last month i started a week late. So this month I am due for my next period only on 30th Aug. However I started spotting on 21st Aug and have been lightly bleeding / spotting for 4 days now. No cramps and the spotting does not fill a bad. only when i wipe and clean and see blackish/brownish sometimes a dark blackish red blood stains. I am reall worried. As i don't know if this is periods or not. I have always had very heavy flow along with cramps. So now this is confusing me and if this is periods then I don't know when should I think was the 1st day and how should I now try to conceive..Can someone please help???
|

replied February 12th, 2011
Bleeding 10 days before my period is due
Hi,

I Had my baby on 27th october for the past 3 months my periods were normal on time... but this month i ve been bleeding for 3 days 10 days before my periods is due !!! i am taking pills and finding it strange to bleed even before i stop the pills...can anyone tell me what it is?
|

replied January 8th, 2012
Need help
I had sex on 2 weeks ago after 2 day of sleeping with my partner I got sick and felt like I had all signs of pregnancy I then started to cramp up really badly so I went to hospital for questions and thay said I was ovulating 3 days later I started to bleed but it was light I wasn't due for period till 20th but them on 10th instead I now still don't understand full wars going on its not like a period I had this bleeding for 3 days red and light and brownish when I wipe only wat can I be can someone help plz I've had 6 kids in past and this is weird
|