Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Bleeding lots from rectum

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
I just got back from the hospital (4 hours waiting, 1 hour being examined) and can't get a hold of my doctor and Im just looking for any information.....

I am bleeding from the rectum. Tons of blood pouring out. Blood was bright red but now its very dark blood. I went to the hospital and after waiting 4 hours...the doctor there looked at me and wasn't sure what was wrong. We thought it might be a hemriod because of the lighter bright blood coming out at that time. He wants me to check with my doctor and get looked at. Problem is, he sent me home and I'm now bleeding even more. dark red blood. Not sure if I should go back or not.

It almost feels like I have diarrhea so I run to the bathroom and the blood pours out like diarrhea (no poop).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2009
Go to the doctor immediately. Dark red blood is a sign of something serious.
|
Did you find this post helpful?