Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

bleeding from anus - cancer ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
hello my name is dora and i have a medical question. it has started on the 17/10/2010 and every time i have a bowel movement i find that a bit of blood is on my paper and its not my periods?? i am 14 years old and ergently need an answer. i have had my appendix taken out in 2004 if that makes a difference. i have never had this before is it normal? is it cancer? it seems to me that it is not in my poo its when i wipe. but i am not sure if it was in my poo what is it is it dangerous. can a doctor please reply to me thankyou very much your a lifesaver=]
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Dora,
Bleeding of the rectum should be taken serious. It could be of several reasons you are bleeding from there. Although, you stated you are 14, young people of your age do engage in sex. Has anyone penetrated you through the rear? If not, are you having difficulty having a bile movement, such as being constipated? If so, you could have hemmorrage, that is when your bile movement is so hard it is puttig pressure on the tiny vessles in your rectum, which causes them to burst and bleed. If you don't experience any of these, please see a doctor to find out the cause of the bleeding. Even if you are suffering from any of the above, still see a doctor to get the best professional medical help.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Users who thank FadedRose for this post: littlehobbitsfeet 

replied October 20th, 2010
If the blood is bright red, it is most likely a hemmorhoid that is inflamed and bleeding, which is caused from straining too much to have a bowel movement. If this is the case, you need to drink lots of water (half your body weight in ounces - ex. if you weigh 100 lbs, drink 50 oz of water a day), and stop eating processed/fast foods, and eat good green leafy vegetables, and complex carbs (no white flour, white rice, or white pasta) such as whole wheat/whole grain breads, pasta and brown rice. Good nutrition and fiber are important and will help this condition.

If the blood is brownish in color, than it is most likely coming from inside the rectum. If this is the case, you should see a doctor.

Because of your age, I would tend to think it is most likely hemmorhoid related.
|
Users who thank LibertyLover for this post: littlehobbitsfeet 

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2010
no i have not had sex or anal sex.thanks everyone i will do the water thing and i will eat leafy greens. you dont know how much this helped. thanx so much u guys. i want to ask are u doctors?
|