Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Bleeding during sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Is it normal to bleed when your having sex in certain sexual positions? When my boyfriend and I have sex in the missionary position, I do not bleed, but the two times that I have been on top, I have bled already. Is there something wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2009
that happens to me too. i dont think there is anything wrong with that. i just think the way that he enters you that makes a big difference. i am married and it still happens... if you are bleeding just a minute amount you're fine.
this might sound a bit weird but if you have small "parts" and he has average-large "parts" then its happening because you stretch or it tears a bit.

as long as you make sure you pee as soon as "the fun" is over you'll be fine, otherwise that small tear will cause a very painful urinary track infection!
|
Users who thank kellhea for this post: cductivepnay 

replied February 22nd, 2009
you have to see a doc.if it always occur everytime you have sex,it happened to me,i had regular papsmer and it turned out to be negative and my ob advised me to have a hpv dna test and it turned out to be positive,and iundergo colposcopy and biopsy and my test confirmed i have a cervical cancer stage 1 which is something to worry about.
better see a doc.
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
bleeding during sex
These are not conditions actually but benign growths in the uterine called polyps and fibroids. Both of the growths can be removed. However, the polyps don’t recur but new ones may appear after removal but fibroids often reappear after removal, so it may be a struggle with them.
|

replied May 10th, 2012
Bleeding after sex
This happens to me too only when I am on top and I am at a certain position. But its not heavy bleed, its just a little. I tested for hpv and im negative. Ive tested for stds and urinary tract infection and bacterial vaginosis too just incase and everything came out positive. So I guess it is normal??
|
Quick Reply