Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Bleeding day 13 after Inguinal Surgery!

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
Hello,
First let me thank all of you for your great forum! I had Inguinal Hernia surgery on 7-2-2010. I have had nothing but severe pain and bruising all the way down my thigh and no pain meds. have helped at all. Today on the 15th of July I started bleeding on the incision area. I thought a staple or suture broke. I had to go to the ER because it would not stop bleeding. I then was put through excrusiating pain by the ER doctor when he expressed blood clots. He would not give me anything for pain until he was done!! Then I left there with orders to keep doing this at home???? How absurd, I didn't have surgery for this! I would appreciate all info. please.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2010
More than likely, you experienced some bleeding under the skin soon after your surgery, and as the clotted blood (hematoma) began to liquify again, it probably started oozing up through the incision. (Please note that bleeding is a known potential complication of any surgical operation.)

You should see your surgeon again, so that he/she can confirm that there is no ongoing bleeding or signs of infection.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.