Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

bleeding and lump on anus

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hi, im a 24 yr old bloke who has had blood comming from my anus for just under a year when going to the toilet. Sometimes it bleeds heavy and other times not at all so it is always different. I built up the courage to look at it in january and saw that there is a lump that kinda pops out.... When i saw this i was really scared as blood came out on to the mirror. I went to the doctors and had an appointment for a colonoscapy made. it took 12 weeks to have my colonoscapy but after it was done i was told it werent cancer although they never told me what was wrong. i had an appoinment scheduled with my doctor for the next week 2 discuss the results but fell ill and went back in to hospitol. When in there i had a cat scan and they said i had a slight tear in my colon from the colonoscapy but not to worry as it was very minor. well i left for a holiday just after that and went overseas. since then the bleeding has re-acured and the lump now causes me quite allot of discomfort and as of the last week im finding it hard to wee even though i really need to go. I get abdominal pains regulary and sometimes its really painful. Also the lump on my anus is now been really hurting for the last 4 days. It kinda wraps from the edge and inside me and is kind of hard. it hurts to the touch.im going to ring and make another doctors appointment today but it'll probally take a week or 2 till i get to see them. if there is any1 out there who would have any idea what could be causing this then would you please reply to me as i just got engaged to my girlfriend and im currently doing exams and im reeling stressing out over this. thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Is the lump protruding through the anus outside the body or it's just a lump around the anus?
Was the appearance of the lump preceded with chronic constipation or diarrhea?
Does this lump go away within a few days and after a period of no symptoms come again?
|

replied July 1st, 2008
It kind of comes out to the left and goes back in. WEll i dont know if there was a lump 1st or not coz the 1st time looked down there was in jan but the syptoms have been accuring since last july. It doesnt really go away although the pain does and then outa nowhere it comes back
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The symptoms you have are suggestive for hemorrhoids (swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or lower rectum).
They, usually, result from straining to move stool, chronic constipation or diarrhea, and anal intercourse (pressure on the walls of the rectum weakens the muscles that support the hemorrhoidal vessels, they then become enlarged and lose their support and result in a sac-like protrusion inside the rectal canal-called internal hemorrhoids).
Hemorrhoids that are inside the anus are known as internal hemorrhoids.
Their most common symptom is bright red blood covering the stool, on toilet paper, or in the toilet bowl.
An internal hemorrhoid may protrude through the anus outside the body, becoming irritated and painful. This is known as a protruding hemorrhoid.
|

replied August 16th, 2012
anus bleeding lump
i have a similar one i discovered around a month ago it is white in colour on my ring of bum hole it causes no pin but when ever i go for a number two there is always blood coming back on the toilet roll i dont know how long it been there fro but i dont know what it is
|