Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Bleeding alot after poop.

This post may be kinda long, but any help would be greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated.

Last 5 or 6 days(most notably), everytime I go #2, I begin bleeding(what Im considering alot)........I'll pause here to give some history.
I've had constipation / hemorrhoid problems since I was probably 10(maybe 15). I was the guy who took 30 minutes or more to crap. I didnt know it wasnt good to sit on toilet for long periods. Got the occasional blood on paper when wiping; few blood drops in toilet, etc. Im 41 now btw. About 10 years ago started having noticably more bouts of bleeding. When I was done going 2, my hemorrhoids would just hang out. Not terribly painful or itchy btw, but my butt seemed like it took up to a few hours to go back in on their own. That part was very uncomfortable to sit on....I got used to it. Oh, and in order to stop bleeding I often would ball up a nice wad of toilet paper and like any other cut; would apply pressure for like 2 minutes to get bleeding to stop. Well like I said about 10 years back I had a bout of 3 or 4 days back to back that everytime I went I bled. So much that afterwards I'd feel dizzy/light headed and sometimes nauseous. This scared me. At the time I had insurance. I made an appointment with protologist(in Cleawater FL) that specialized in a new type hemorrhoid surgery called PPH(procedure for prolasped hemorrhoids). Anyway he did an exam(lovely) and said I have pretty good case of internal and external hem. He instanly said you need hem surgery. I didnt argue and DID NOT want or need 2nd opinion,lol. Less than week later I had a PPH. While I was under they also did a colonoscopy. I was under and didnt remember a thing afterwards which was cool. Almost no pain during or after surgery. Unfortunately hem's only seemed fixed for maybe 6 mths. They were back and I've dealt with them ever since, vowing the surgery was a waste and probably never would do again. My older brother also has always had also. We were talking once sharing stories on the phone, and he told me how he has them all the time too, but after a BM he just pushes them back up. WOW. Sounded un-orthodox but really worked good. No more waiting for swelling to go down. I crap. Hems come out instantly and everytime(got used to this)., and I wipe, push back in and go on my way. About 2 weeks ago I started having alot of chest pains and had a cut on top my foot that didnt seem to be healing right after about 6 weeks of being there. Got me thinking. My work partner is 73 and is a health/homepathic kinda junky. His wife too. He was always suggesting he'd test my blood sugar. I happened not to eat for like 12/14 hours and when I went to work, I said"Hey, can you test my blood??" He did and it was 200. OMG!!! He & wifey said that was bad. So for next 3 days I only drank water ; cut out almost all carbs and had them test my sugar 3 days in a row. 200, 194 & 180. All they said was bad. I got scared and started only eating healthy, drinking only water(ocassional small cup of milk). I've been eating good for about 2 weeks now. Back to top of post. For last 5 to 6 days, everytime I poop, (mostly just once a day, but once twice and once 3 times)(I feel one coming on now too) i bleed. And not just a little..I mean alot like when I had to have surgery. And actually seems worse. I dont mean drip...drip...drip...drip. I mean like drip drip drip drip drip drip drip, like I cut my finger with razor blade. Blood is reallly red and always is new. Only happens after I pass some BM(regarless of the amount of the BM). I put the wad on to stop and usually within 30 sec to a min it stops. I push hems back in and done. Two problems. I'm getting headaches and dizzy as days go on. Also since I've been eating healthty and drinking alot of water my BM's are much softer and more to them then before. Two days ago I had to go and decided to just sit down and no pressure or pushing ; I just let the poo fall out on its own; did not push at all. Felt like I pooped the alphabet,lol. But soon as poo stopped falling out, the blood started running out. I HAVE NO INSURANCE NOW. My blood sugar has been testing good too. One weird caveat I'd like to add. Please dont be weired out, but a t least for the last 6 mths or more, after I wipe and clean my self up good; I have to push my hems back in. I noticed in the middle of my swollen hems there feels like a spaghetti string hanging out about an inch or two. I gently pulled alittle on it but had some mild sharp pain associated with that and didnt push the issue. The was about 6 mths ago at least and the string was still there at least before this new blood issue. Not sure now. HELP. Im a seasoned hemorrhoid(er), but Im wondering how much I can continually bleed everyday?? Im trying to keep BM's to one a day in fear I may bleed to death. Feel free to brainstorm with me. Thanks Jason. PS Sorry for super long post. I warned ya.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2013
See A Physician immediately!
I highly suggest going to an emergency room right away. You sound like you may be dying. I am serious and not joking at all. You are losing too much blood. That's why you are getting the headaches.

|
Did you find this post helpful?