Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

bleeding after stopping cerazette (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi , can anyone help me , i stopped taking cerazette last saturday 09 and started bleeding on the sunday after 09, ive had a heavy bleed for 5 days , is this my period ? and does this mean i will ovulate on day 14 of my cycle ? thanks xx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper TwinniEE
|

replied August 24th, 2009
i had the same problem as you. i stopped the pill about 6 weeks ago and have had 2 periods and not sure if it is my normal cylcle or just my body returning back to normal after stopping the pill! i went to my doctors and said about the bleed and she said some people do bleed a while when stopping the pill and could be anything up to 6 months befor your body goes bk to normal! you can still fall pregnant thou so take precations. i hope this helps
|

replied November 12th, 2009
I had been taking cerazette for only 2 weeks and felt rotten, so decided to stop taking it straight away (even though I had not finished the complete packet) - I have bled for 5 days (quite heavy) and continually since. Again, I am not sure if this is my period or whether it is my body readjusting. I am also very very bloating and feel rotten. Can anyone please help?
|

replied December 10th, 2009
bleding after carazette
i stopped taking carazette after only 2 weeks had period pains followed by a dark brown bleeding i think it must be my body clearing it out
|

replied November 13th, 2011
cezerette
i had similar to this happening now, brown discharge on and off and sore boobs and i am just starting to wonder if i cud be preg? did u find out anymore info?
|

replied March 21st, 2010
i have also recently stopped taking the same pill... when i was taking it the migranes were unbarable...... i had a period on the pill which lasted 12 days!!! so i decided to come off it hoping to stop bleeding.... the period just got worse and heavier.... ive been bleeding now for 16days???!!! making me extreamly anxious! doctor apparently assumes this is normal??
|

replied October 21st, 2012
I was on the same pill came off it 2 days ago because I bled for an entire month and still goin I've had to have a blood test to find out what's wrong
|

replied April 21st, 2010
Cerazette Pill
I stopped taking the cerazette pill about four weeks ago after having taken it for about two and half years. That was two and half years of no periods at all.
I was ok the first week and then the second I had some lower stomach aching but no period.
My nurse actually said it is average for it to take up to 4/6 weeks for my first period to come and then another 3 months before everything starts to settle and become normal.
I think the best thing I have had happen from not taking it so far is my mood has started to settled a bit and my migrains, that I have been living with every other day for the past two years, are stating to stop.
Looking forward to a pain free life (no more migrains, fingers crossed).., and hopefully a little girl to help me keep my boy in check. lol Smile
|

replied June 11th, 2010
i stopped taking cerazette 4 days ago, i was only taking it for 2 and a half months but had constant heavy bright red bleeding..! ive now been bleeding for nearly 6 weeks! doctor told me this is normal! i really dont see how this is normal! i wish id never taken this pill.
|

replied June 11th, 2010
i stopped taking cerazette 4 days ago, i was only taking it for 2 and a half months but had constant heavy bright red bleeding..! ive now been bleeding for nearly 6 weeks! doctor told me this is normal! i really dont see how this is normal! i wish id never taken this pill.
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Heavy bleeding after 7 weeks taking cerazette
Hi I suffer from PMT and migraines I am 43, I have been taking this pull for about 7 weeks I have not stopped bleeding bright red heavy bleeding since. I feel depressed and anxious because of it, not sure it's because of the pill or the fact that I'm bleeding constantly. My doctor said I should carry on taking it for 3 months to see if it settles down. I want to give it a try but I'm also thinking this is not the right pill for me. Help...
|

replied August 21st, 2010
cerazette mini pill
I was on this pill for 2 and a bit years, I have came off to try for my second child. 3 Months later (after terrible withdrawl symtoms) my period has not came bak, My advice to any1 using this pill, who DOES want to concieve again is DONT USE THIS PILL...
Jaclyn McLean
fell free to ask me anything you want to know
|

replied August 21st, 2010
Bleeding
Thanks Jaks for your reply. I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago and haven't had a period yet. I feel better and a lot happier without it.
I go on holiday in 4 weeks and you can put you'd money on me coming on then!
Thanks again
TwinniE
|

replied February 20th, 2011
Ive been off this pill since August 2010 and I've only had 4 periods since. They haven't returned to normal and I am sick... do not take this pill!!

Sad
|

replied February 22nd, 2011
I started taking this pill on the first day of my cycle and took two packets and got no bleed during this time, I stopped taking it as it was sold out in the pharmacy at the end of the second packet thinking that I would get my period and start again on the first day of that but 5 weeks on and nothing so it is now 11 weeks since a bleed, so frustrating, being careful but worried and not sure if should do a test just to check?
|

replied April 11th, 2011
I stopped taking cerazette after constant bleeding for 3 months and awful mood swings. I had a period for a few days after stopping the pill, so when it stopped eventually, me and my boyfriend jumped at the chance to have sex, seeing as we'd been without ot for 3 months! But straight after, i started bleeding SO heavily, and i am still on my period now. It has been so long now! I just want it to stop! I am getting really worried, because i am unsure whether it was the sex that has caused me to bleed so heavily, or it was just coincidence.
|

replied April 12th, 2011
It can take up to 6 months for your cycle to re-establish itself after coming of progestogen only contraceptives. This is quite normal. Not having a period is of no real medical concern. It won't do you any harm. The only time it becomes a problem is if you are trying to conceive as usually Amenorrhea (absent periods) means that you are not ovulating either.

There is really no need for you to worry. They will return.
|

replied May 13th, 2011
I took this pill for about 2 months feb and march this year. I had irregular bleeding while taking it which was a nuisance. Also mood swings. Stopped taking it end of march, had a slight break in the bleeding, but since then (about 6 weeks) i
have had light bleeding almost constantly. It varies from bright red to dark red to brown and had been quite light. But almost constant. Also cramps in atomic and horrible aches in my back. Lw098 and Louisejade - have things improved now with you?
|

replied May 13th, 2011
Cramps in stomach that should say :-/
|

replied June 6th, 2011
I have been taking this pill for 1 year 4 months exactly lol and came off in April - in April I had a normal 5 day bleed and may I've had nothing not anything at all. Me and hubby ttc but i'm confused as to is this a period i had in April or something to do with the pill or am i preg did a test after being 7 days late neg now im 14 day late not sure if i should do another one? what are ur thoughts xxx
|

replied January 4th, 2012
I stopped taking cerazette 2 weeks ago after taking it for about 2 weeks and i had headache and my moods were ridiculous since stopping i have had 5 day period which stopped last thursday but i am now bleeding again and i got a bit of a fright cuz it is dark brown blood and the last time i had that it was a miscarriage so was worried that i may have been pregant before i started taking it and the mini pill may hav led to a misscarriage! I went to the doc and tehy told me that it could be possible that had been the case cuz i had to wait 2 weeks for my period to start so i could start to take the pill in teh first place and when it did come it wasnt a normal bleed. I feel miserable with all this bleeding hopefully it will stop soon but at least reading this then i feel a bit better that other people have had the same as me thank u.
|

replied April 28th, 2012
Cerazette
I had cerazette for just over a year, no periods for the first 6 months then a 2 week bleed, spotting every few weeks during 7th010th months of taking it and then spotting every few days during the 10th-13th months of taking it. The last few months I have become depressed due to spotting constantly and bleeding after intercourse, very emotional and down, put on a stone in 3 months without any diet change. I decided to stop taking Cerazette on Fri 20/4/12 started a light period on tues 24/4/12. This period is light then heavy then spotting then heavy and I am now on day 5. I am hoping that it stops soon and that my periods return to normal once per month. It seems that my body needs to clear out of the periods I havent had for the past 6 months. I hate cerazette and wished that I hadnt started taking it.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply