Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

bleeding after losing virginity

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi!Im 23 and lost my virginity last week,I bled a lot during sex and since then ive been bleeding, some days only spottings though.I have no abdominal pain and sex was protected.Im worried!Is this normal?Oh and my period is due next week.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 6th, 2013
Community Volunteer
It does not sound unusual. During the first few times parts of your body that has never been touched are stretched and can develop small tears. This is nothing to be concerned about and it will heal by itself. If you still experience this after about the 5th time, it is time to see your doctor.

It is also quite possible that the sex and orgasm speeded up the arrival of your period. When you have an orgasm, your uterus wall contracts. This is the same type of contraction that you experience as menstrual cramps during your period. It will loosen and squeeze the menstrual flow from your uterus. Sometimes this can do that before your period was supposed to start.

The hymen is also a weird thing. Some women will not have any pain or blood, Some women will have lots of pain, and/or lots of bleeding.

Take care!
|
Did you find this post helpful?