Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

bladder won't empty completely

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I am female, 35 and no kids. So I went to doctor 'cause I had UTI with symptoms of pain and burning when urinate. Antibiotics didn't work (macrobid). I went to a new doctor and lab results came back urine is fine no bacteria or anything. Frequent urination started up towards end of antibiotic. I've had frequent urination since. I got ultrasound of bladder, uterers and kidneys. Results came back saying there are few tiny stones in right kidney with one of the largest being 2mm in diameter. They are nonobstructing. With the bladder I had to drink a lot of water before I went to appointment for ultrasound. It says I had 595cc and following going to the bathroom there was residual volume of 39cc. So now I know why I am urinating frequently...I have residual urine....right? So why do I have this and will it go away? I've been depressed because I was completely normal and suddenly things changed. Before all this I found an apartment in state I've been wanting to move to and was so excited about this new path I was going on and BAM this happens. I'm having physical in couple days and then urologist. Any ideas of why I have this residual urine? Anyone else have this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|