Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

bladder spasms ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have had bladder spasms for some time now. During regular yearly lab work, my internist informed me that I had microscopic blood in my urine sample(approx 2 yrs ago)this was the findings up until about 2 months ago when I was told that I now have large amounts of blood in my urine(not the kind you can see as red in the urine). Very recently though I have had bladder sensitivity (I guess that's the best way to describe it) and also from time to time I have bladder spasms after urinating. Also, I have frequent urination but I have also been recently diagnosed with diabetes. Now the past few days I have been having this kind of ripping pain that comes on suddenly in my lower right abdomen and I don't know if this is related or is a separate problem. I am a 46 yr old female 5' 5" and 177 pounds. My diet has changed because of the diabetes and even though I have been eating way less calories than I am used to eating, I haven't even lost a pound. Seems weird to me. My internist made me promise her that I would see a uroligist within the next month (that was 2 months ago). When asked what this could indicate she stated that it could be cyst stone and could even be cancer. I just have not had the time to schedule appt yet but would like to get some input in the meantime. So please let me know what the possibilites are. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2009
Community Volunteer
sassi521;

I don't understand your response of 'I just have not had the time to schedule appt'.

Trust me, I WOULD make time to make an appt asap. Your doctor wants you to see a urologist and has indicated that it could be a cyst stone or even cancer.

Neither one of these should be taken lightly. She wanted you to see a urologist within a month and that has been 2 months ago?

Are you in denial? Ignore it and it'll go away? If you can't see it then it must not exist? Wake up! Go, go, go, go, go!!!! (and I don't mean to the potty)....
|
Did you find this post helpful?