Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

blackness on my armpit ?

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
User Profile
What can i do to have the blackness on my armpit cured?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2011
Skin Cancer Answer A25694
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Dark armpits can be due to continuous sweating of the area or hyperpigmentation skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Treatment involves , azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream, microdermabrasion and laser treatment. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.