Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

black spots under breasts

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I have two black spots about the size of a small pea under each breast, exactly the same spot on both sides. Sometimes one or the other feels hard, and I notice when I get sweaty the area surrounding it gets very red. Anyone ever heard of this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to EHEALTH forum!
Do you feel itching, burning, and stinging in skin folds?
Do you have a red flat rash with sharp scalloped edges with smaller patches of similar appearing rash nearby?
Have you noticed malodorous drainage?
Is this appearance always aggravated with sweating?
|

replied September 22nd, 2008
No, I haven't had any itching, drainage or discomfort at all. And no rashes either. I do like to go without a bra at home and have fairly large breasts, so I wonder if they could be pressure sores. An it is usually, but not always aggrivated by sweating.
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
What you are experiencing is known as intertrigo (inter, between, trigo friction), an irritation of touching skin surfaces in body fold regions, like under the breasts.
Red or brown, slightly elevated lesions with clear borders are typical of intertrigo.
It's common for women with heavy breasts, and can be worsened by any conditions causing increased heat, wetness, and friction.
Irritated skin along with dark, warm, and moist environment under the breasts is suitable for complications of intertrigo with yeast or bacterial infections.
Women with high or border-line blood sugar levels are more prone to this condition.
First you need to dry this area by applying some powder and check it with a dermatologist for additional infection with yeast (personally, I don't think your intertrigo is already complicated with yeast or bacteria).
If there is a yeast infection, Candida, you should need to apply some antifungal cream.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied January 9th, 2013
my niece is only four months and hers look just like mine sometimes its like little nipples but no where near big enough though my niece doesnt even have boobs i always had them too
|

replied September 24th, 2008
black spots under breasts
Thanks for your response. However, I've looked at several examples of intertrigo online and they look nothing like what I have. These spots are about the size of a pencil eraser, in the exact same location on each breast and look more black than brown, and are not in the fold of skin under the breasts but about an inch higher.
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you check these spots with your dermatologist?
|

replied November 6th, 2013
Do i have breast cancer? plz help me
hey i also wanted to know.

i have a 2-3 back spot like right where my bra ends. and its not like a pimple its just the back spot in my skin, it has been there since a while now it just got darker i guess, i am sixteen. i even have a small lump in my arm pit. i also got like little pain in my left breast only and it was really sharp and stayed for like 5 seconds and then it happened again 2-3 times, do i have a breast cancer?
|