Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Black spot on daughters back. type 1 diabetes

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
My daughter out of no where gets a big black spot on her back and near her neck she is a type one diabetes ,ADHD and autism can anyone tell me what this can be I have never seen it before until today
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2017
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. This black spot around neck could be acanthosis nigricans and is a sequelae of diabetes very commonly. Just keep diabetes in control and try to lose weight, this will subside. Meet her physician and let them have a look as well.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diabetes, Autism
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.