The vast majority of the black mold scare is way out of proportion. Yes, there have been a few, very rare, cases where people were made sick by overwhelming wet, molding, building materials.
Most mold spots can be cleaned easily with a 10% bleach mixture. (Do not add ammonia to bleach, that can make a chlorine gas.) Rarely, professional clean up must be done. Usually, after clean-up, ventilation should be installed (or used) to prevent moisture collecting.
Beware of contractors saying that you need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to clean up an area. This "scare" has spawned hundreds of less than honest businesses.
There is a good article in the New York Times on this subject. You can google "black mold scare" and find it.
You do not need to vacate your house. The apartment complex maintenance people can clean it up. Do not disturb the area till then. If the area is in the basement, storage area, attic, bathroom, kitchen, etc where there is moisture always present, then some type of ventilation or dehumidifier needs to be installed to prevent the mold from returning.