Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Black flashes in vision?

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I'm 15 and ive prob had this since the end of January this year, and it still happens today.

At the time I started i noticed smallwhite pinpoint flashes, like someone took a pic from far away or something, and I thought it was gonna go on for a while cause it annoyed me, so i went to the apthmalogist or whatever lol. he said everything was fine and its probably there due to the lack of vitamins or i was stressed out. after that it got worse.

usually now, light sometimes irritates my eyes, when i see bright stuff i see hundreds of those sparkly things running around (eg when i look at the sky etc), i cant see the dark well when i was able to before, i see black flashes like someone took the camera, and that aftereffect from that flash describes what im seeing. also i get migranes but thats heredited from my parents who have it.

im not the type of person to go to the doctors often, so i need help ):

btw i also experience derealization every night
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2013
I have the same problem you have, maybe even worse, I'm 19, male, what your experiencing could be a phase, but that's not the case for me, I also see sparks of things here and there, visual snow, and god knows what els. Just hang in there, I'm pretty sure it's not life threatening.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply