Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Black discharge before period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi,

My name is Guna(female),i have a menstrual problem,i will get periods regularly but before starting bleeding,i will get a thick blackish substance with strange o dour for 2 days and after that i will get regular bleeding,from 1 year i am struggling with this problem.can i get any remedy for this.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Guna
|

replied October 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Well it is hard to say what this is before suggesting a remedy because some woman do experience a kind of thick usually brown looking substance before or after there period this is completely normal, although you say it has a strange odour, Is the odour different from what your period odour smells like? because obviously the smell of your period isn't nice but you should know if the smell is abnormal or not...All i can say is if your worried visit your doctor...jenny
|

replied October 18th, 2009
if the ordor is different than what your period smeels like you may wanna see a doctor. If it is the same it probably left over from last period that didn't get pushed out. I experience that for a day or so before i start my regular period.
|

replied October 29th, 2009
okay yeah i would be worried too. i've heard thick brownish discharge before your period but not black. you should really go see a doctor just to be sure its not anything bad
best of luck
|

replied October 30th, 2009
I've had something that almost sounds like this! Mine wasn't thick though. On the first couple of days of my period, I was getting black flakiness and it smelled a lot stronger than normal blood, but I figured it was just dried blood so I didn't pay it any mind. Then a few months later, I found out I was iron deficient (unrelated to period) and I've been taking iron pills. Ever since then, the blackness has stopped. Smile Maybe you're low on iron too!
|

replied December 11th, 2009
odor is different from regular period smell,so is this iron deficiency or something else?
|

replied March 19th, 2012
i have black discharge before my period what should i do ???????????????????????????????????? its brown on toillet paper though
|

replied August 5th, 2012
Help
Ok I'm kinda of scared because I am only 13 and I havent gotten my period yet, but this morning I noticed a big brown area in my under wear an I immediately thought I was about to start my period so I threw I a panty liner just invade. I just recently went to the bathroom and noticed a thick black substince in my panty liner. It was a very large spot so now I'm kinda scared. I can't talk to my mom right now because she's sleeping and I have a friend over.... Please help!!!
|