Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

Black Cherry Pills or juice

Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
Is there cherry pills available and if so where can I buy them, or is the juice the way to try to stop an attack and how much must I drink to see results.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2009
i have been taking black cherry extract pills for roughly a week now and cant say one way or another if they work. it is however keeping my wife quiet which is worth the time to take them. she bought them at some health food store. i have presently been on a diet based on the diabetic diet plan from a nutritionist and avoiding high purine foods. being overweight contributes to gout as well. that seems to work somewhat rather than these snake oil remedies.
|

Hi chuckc13, I am also searching for home remedies that others swears by. I have started on black cherry juice for about a week, taking about 1/2 oz of the concentrated form from Natural Source "100% Black Cherry Concentrate (unsweetened, or else it will be way too much for my borderline diabetes condition).

Maybe I need to take more, but I don't feel any improvements for my mild flares that I have everyday.

People say you need to drink a lot of water, so my next phase is drink 1/2 gallon of water, with this black cherry concentrate diluted 8oz to 56 oz water (per label instruction)

goodluck
|

black cherry extrac, I've tried 3 different kinds in pill form, the latest is call Go-Out Plex by Highland Laboratories. It contains

Potassium citrate 50mg
Celery Seed Extract 800mg
Black Cherry 4:1 Fruit Extract 200mg
Bromelain 1200GDU/g 100mg
Tumeric Root 100mg

This is a formula I found that contains all 5 of the things people had recommended for gout, in one combination or another. So this is my best "shot-gun" approach.

I tried one bottle about 4 months ago, not really help, but that's when my gout was really bad. Now that my gout is 60% better but my liver enzyme is up, my Rheumatologist wants me to cut down/get off Uloric, I am back searching for alternative ways.
|

replied December 21st, 2009
Gout Cure
I was diagnosed with gout over a year ago, and I have read and learned from friends to drink Black cherry juice. I ordered the concentrate about 6 months ago online, mixed with water, and drank a 16oz cup everyday. Since then, I have had no flare-ups! I also bought R.W. Knudsen "Just Black Cherry" 32oz from Krogers. That one tastes better and both work really well. One cup of Black Cherry Juice a day most definitely was the cure for me! I can now eat anything I want, especially steaks again!
|

replied December 3rd, 2011
Can cherry juice or cherry powder be bought in NSW Australia? Joan
|

replied January 25th, 2012
Cherry Extract Prevents My Gout
Cherry works to prevent my gout!

I have had chronic gout attacks for the past several years - my father has it as well. It is crippling when the pain is so bad that I cannot walk. Sometimes it hits my left big toe, and other times it hits me in the middle of my foot which puts excruciating pain when I put any weight on it. Changing my diet did not prevent the attacks. My doctor said I'd have to take prescription medicine for it (Colchicine or Allopurinol) for the rest of my life!

I was worried about my liver or long term effects so I was determined to find an alternative. My wife did some research and bought me some cherry extract capsules - Natural Brand Black Cherry Concentrate from GNC. I read online about the benefits of cherry so I gave it a try. Five months later today, I have been taking two capsules every night - 500mg and I have not had any attack nor the slightest pain from gout. It worked great for me! That's five months of zero pain so it was well worth trying out.
|

replied January 30th, 2012
GOUT
Dear GBUM
i just happened to come upon your comment, and my husband had the same problem , he was already put on ALLOPURINOL,and another med . i can't remember the name , in 2007 a lady (BLESS HER HEART) at the HERB STORE finally told him to take BLACK CHERRY CONCENTRATE a quarter cup every morning with juice , well we bought some ,and he was so desperate he took it straight , he hasn't had GOUT since , and he still takes it STRAIGHT. Puritan Pride sells it the cheapest from the USA , i order it in from Canada in the north. IT really works.BARB
|

replied March 8th, 2013
Black cherry juice
I love cherries and eat them and grow a tree at every house I live in. Luckily I have discovered Black Cherry Concentrate, when I have some bad joint pains I take a swig of it or two and it has taken the pains away. I have found if I avoid meat, beer, and alcohol, and drink lots of water I do not hurt, and feel about 30 years old. I am 53 and a woman, so I know all about pain. I take no other medicines, and have no doctor who has said I have anything wrong. Meanwhile I eat the cherries and drink that juice and am so much better with the diet too.
|

replied March 20th, 2013
Gout Remedy
I tried many remedies for gout & think the Now Black cherry concentrate supplements work best. They are very potent & inexpensive. Also avoiding sugars & sweets keep your body in strong defense mode against any attacks.
2 a day is good when no symptoms but the brand recommends up to 6 a day & I increase dosage up to 6 when I feel like I'm swelling up.
Good luck on your healing~
|

replied October 24th, 2014
gout
I have a bottle of Black Cherry Concentrate from the Vitamin Shoppe. It says take 2 tablespoons a day. I mixed it in a 16oz bottle of water. I think that is too much dilution. And I only take it once a day and I know it isn't working. When I would eat a hand full of black cherries, the gout would go away almost immediately. But this isn't cherry season on the East Coast so I took the extract instead. Should I double up on dose take 4 tablespoons since I am obese
?
|
Quick Reply