Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Bitten by snake after friend

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Few hours ago I go to my friend's house and bitten by his pet rat snake. However the snake had bitten my friend when he toke it out, just several seconds (no more than 10 seconds) before it bitten me, if my fd is hiv+, am I at risk? Is there anyone known to acquire hiv because an animal bite a hiv+ person before bitting him?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2010
Community Volunteer
its impossible to get HIV that way.Dont worry about it.
|

replied March 16th, 2010
I forget to mention that both of us bleed after being bitten. The snake fang has contact with his blood and after that it bite me. Doesn't that quite similiar to needle stick injury which has a 0.3% risk? I am scared and can't have a good sleep...
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2010
Community Volunteer
No,it isn't the same.A needle prick HIV infection is a result of no oxygen being in the needle..a snake bite would not be the same as air would get in.Dont worry about it...
|