Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

bite with 2 puncture wounds

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Something bit me on the knee during the night. The area is swollen, and red, about the size of a silver dollar. It is very itchy. There are 2 small but distinct puncture wounds. I have not felt really well all day. I live in Northern California.
What do you think bit me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 22nd, 2008
Re: Bite with two punctures
Shocked I had the same bite last week on the outside of my upper arm! That is why I came here. I also live in Northern California. The inflamed area was the same size as yours, perfectly round with a slightly raised center where you could see the very distinct two holes. It itched occasionally and hurt a bit from time to time. I didn't feel ill, though. At first, I was afraid that it might be from a Lyme tick, but after looking at photos, I doubt that it is. There is still a faint red mark around the two wounds, which seem to be full of some dried white material. How is yours doing now? If you find out what it is, please let me know. I will do the same.
|

replied June 24th, 2012
two tiny holes in my skin like an insect bite
Hello, it is now 2010 but I have had the same type of bite on my left knee, my right inside upper arm, my right front chin, and my right top of my wrist. It does not itch but left a little hole and it is forming a scab but is still sort of red and nothing coming out of it. What do you think this could be, anyone out there? Please let me know.
|

replied August 22nd, 2008
Bite with 2 holes
Hi, Just want to let you know that my bite healed up in about 2 weeks. Formed a bit of an abcess and I still have the scar. I don't have any ill effects that I can directly attribute to the bite, however I have been having a lot of arthritic type pain in that knee and in the hip on the same side. That may or may not be related. Wishing you the best.
|

replied August 9th, 2010
two puncture wounds
ok heres what i think if you have a cat,dog,ect. it was probebly that if you dont own none of the above then i would recomend sticking your hand in holy water and stand in the sunlight because ive had the same exact thing happen to me but on the neck
|
Quick Reply