Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Bite on lip help

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Well Thursday late night I was sleeping and I suddenly woke up with a stinging burning sensation on my upper right lip. I also had a weird taste on my lips and mouth. I tried to go to sleep and forget about it knowing I had work in a few hours. Well when I woke up at 5 am and stumbled into the bathroom. I had the same burning feeling on my upper lip and noticed in the mirror it was bright red and looked like a big pimple. Not much swelling but there was a little but only if you looked at it knowing there was a problem. Anyway I brushed it off as I was running late to work and throughout the entire day it started to go numb and I had a scarthy-ness in my throat. It felt like I was drinking shards of glass when I drank anything. A headache also started to come on around noon and has lasted since. But when I got home I looked in the mirror and it looked more like a blister now and a layer of skin has now peeled away and was bleeding with clear puss. There is now 2 marks like where fangs would have bitten. But they are spaced far enough where I'm not sure that they where made from a spider or not.
Well today as I type this the sharp pain in my throat as I drink or eat anything is still there and my lip is numb on the right side still and it is scabbing up.
Any ideas if this sounds like a spider bite or not or some other insect? Has anyone else come across similar symptoms?
Thanks a lot to who ever reply's.
Kyle
(here is a picture, sorry its bad quality its from my cam phone)
Did you find this post helpful?
|