Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

birth control and my cycle

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
ok i've been taking birth control for about three years now to regulate my cycle. i recently stopped taking it a few months ago to see if my cycle was regulated. i wanted to see if i would ovulate because i want a baby in the next year or so. ok so i went off birth control and i had my period once right after i went off but then it never came back. i was off for about three months. i'm back on birth control now but is there anyway i can get my fertility checked. i have a gyno appt. soon so are there any questions i should ask my gyno?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
You might want to stay off the bc for longer to see if your cycle regulates- but the chances are that if it wasn't regular to start with, it won't be regular once you stop. There are some medications you can take to jump start your period.
|
Did you find this post helpful?