Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Bipolar & over the counter drugs

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
Hello Everyone,
My husband has Bipolar 1 and is currently on a cocktail of Lithium, Bupropion, and Lamictal. He very rarely gets sick with colds, flu, etc. however right now he has a cold. Pretty basic, head/chest congestion, had a fever for one day but not any more. We struggle with what over the counter drugs are ok for him to take considering the meds he is on. He will check with his doc the next time he goes but his next appt. is still a month away. I thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions on what over the counter drugs have worked for you.
Thanks for your advice,
Tracey
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Call and ask your pharmacist. They have computer programs that will alert them to any interactions with any medications, OTC and script. Hope this helps.
|

replied April 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Call his doctor and find out what he can take.
|