Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Bipolar or just blowing cold?

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
My boyfriend doesnt like to talk about the future as he says he needs to handle each day as it comes and it upsets him the fact that we dont live together already, so I dont mention us, the future, the fact that I am supposed to be moving in with him next year. Thats fine ive got used to it, but we will have to talk nearer to the time, the problem is he doesnt talk about us full stop, wont plan anything with me, rarely asks about my life, my family or anything. Is this a trait of bipolar to seem a little selfish and self obsessed? I always ask him about his son, his mum, see them most weeks etc.He constantly talks about things he wants to do with his son, now and in the future. Is it because his son is a constant and he is unsure about our future.He is having a rough time at the minute, exhausted all the time, lots of aches and pains. Maybe its just me but I feel unsettled and neglected. Is it me being selfish? Ive stood by him through the ups and downs of bipolar and try to be understanding but is this more than the condition, is it just a relationship that is breaking down? A confused girlfriend, any advice please?
Did you find this post helpful?
|