Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

bipolar mania worse when waking up?

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
does anybody find racing thoughts are worse when waking up?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2012
I personally find my thoughts don't stop at just the thoughts when i wake up, everything seems to be exaggerated and misinterpreted. I seems to have a lot of energy when waking up, more than most people. It should be the other way round shouldn't it? haha. your not on your own with this don't worry!
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2012
I personally find my thoughts don't stop at just the thoughts when i wake up, everything seems to be exaggerated and misinterpreted. I seems to have a lot of energy when waking up, more than most people. It should be the other way round shouldn't it? haha. your not on your own with this don't worry!
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi Trix,

It may not apply to BP but depression has a symptom by the name of diurnal mood variation. ALl that means is most of us, at least initially, go from worse in the mornong to better the longer we stay awake. This is why depressed people tend to stay up late, doing nothinbg much but less depressed.

It can also work the other way too. But the key is that it is a daily mood swing one way or the other, slow and gentle but BP might throw in a curve ball.
|
Quick Reply