Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

biopsy results from mole

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I'm 24, dirty blond to dark hair. dark eyes, no family history of skin cancer and slightly fair skinned. This past year i have had some moles removed..A few coming back normal and some coming back dysplastic. I have no moles bigger then the size of a pencil eraser, most are fairly small...I have a lot of moles scattered about and not many freckles at all.....Here's my question. My last mole that is still currently out being biopsied...(its been about a week now) still hasnt come back yet...The mole sent out was on my lower back off to the side, about the size of an eraser but oblong....the center is pinkish and the two sides of it are brown in color...
---- Its about the length of those dashes, and the brown area would be the first and last dashes...it is the only mole i have like that and is the strangest of all i have ever seen. What are the chances it could come back as melanoma? I know it would be hard to say, but as a percentage i just have no idea myself and i suppose i am looking for some kind of comfort while i wait! I'm already scared to death about it but am trying to keep my head up until i finally have to deal with it. my results should be in by the time i go to get my stitches out in 4-5 days....thanks for any information you can give!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Was this mole raised or flat?
Have you noticed changes in appearance of the mole within short period since you saw it for the first time?
Did you feel some new sensations in the mole?

Moles mostly have one or two colors.
|

replied July 31st, 2008
The mole was basically flat, maybe slightly raised towards the center...nothing you could really feel with your fingers though.....i didnt feel anything with the mole, and i did not notice a change in feeling..i have a picture that i can link to of it later on today.. (before it was taken off)
|

replied July 31st, 2008
|