Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Bile Duct Disorders Forum

Bile Reflux ?

Hello.

I have a question about bile reflux. I am not sure if i have it or not. I know that i have LPRD (laryngopharyngeal reflux) and i am now working on treating it with good results.

The problem is when i had my esophagogastroduodenoscopy,after repeatedly vomiting nothing since my stomach was empty and i was in large discomfort so i vomited and cramped and vomited and cramped the worst feeling ever i started to vomit bile from my stomach. A green-ish/yellow-ish mucus which was coming from duodenum and went out of my mouth.

Does this mean that i have bile reflux,or is this a normal disorder because of my strong vomiting reflex and constant vomiting and cramping on empty stomach?

It didn''t start right away,but after many repeated vomits.

I never vomited bile before,and i never feel like i want to vomit after eating.

Please Advise

Regards
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 6th, 2010
I forgot to add that i also had ''''Echo'''' of my stomach (i think that is how its called) and the results were all clear.

My liver was fine,and my biliary pathways weren''t extended/dialeted.

My lumen was also clear,without any pathogen contents.

I also had a H. Pylori test. The reference unit was <1.0 U/mL and my result was <0.4 U/mL (did the H.Pylori test about 6 months ago)
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2016
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. with acid reflux and severe retching, bile may come in vomitus and is common and nothing to worry about. your main concern is still acid reflux and should be focussed on and managed accordingly. Diet lifestyle management fixes it almost all the times.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bile Duct Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.