Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Bile burned roof of mouth ?

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I recently went out for a night on the town and the next morning had acohol induced
vomiting. After I woke up in the afternoon, I woke to terrible pain on the right and left sides of the roof of my mouth it feels like I burnt the roof of my mouth severly. The pain is so intense that i have barely gotten any sleep in 2 nights. I know that I hadn't had much to eat the night before and that I had some bile come up in my vomit. Could my stomach acid have burned the roof of my mouth? I have no pain on the inside of my cheeks, or throat or tounge. I went to emerg the third morning and the doctor said he couldn't see anything in my mouth that would suggest I had been burned? I mentioned the vomiting and he didn't discount it as a possiblility, he said if this is day 3 than the outside layer of skin may have grown back and I am feeling the tenderness below. I swear that my mouth is burned...it feels exactly like it. he told me to consume cold drinks and to take advil (which I had been doing the previous 2 days with no relief.) When should I go back and insist that there is a problem? If I severely burned the roof of my mouth, how long should it take until I have no pain? Any help would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 26th, 2010
Same thing .....when do we get an answer or a remedy?
|

replied November 2nd, 2010
Same exact issue? Anyone found an answer?
|