Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Bilateral Pleural-Parenchymal scarring

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Mild bilateral
pleural-parenchymal scarring should i be worried about this ? Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 10th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
momcatof3,

It is listed as mild. If you are not having any symptoms of shortness of breath or significant pleural type pain, it is probably just a finding on whatever study it was taken from (x-ray, CT, MRI). Was the study done for pleural problems or somethings else and this was just an incidental finding?

You don't say how old your are or what you have done in your life. If you are a smoker or have worked somewhere with dust, coal, smoke, or other lung irritants, this is not an uncommon finding.

You should discuss this with your physician. It has to be reviewed in correlation with your history and examination. Good luck.
|

replied April 11th, 2011
I had a MRI of my right shoulder and bradal plexu nerves. when this was find. I am 42 and have COPD,I do have shortness of breathing at times (like when I am walking in the stores are at work) and Ido smoke about half pack a day If that .I work as a CNA in a VA Center. I get sick really easy with upper resp. infections all the time. My mother past a way of Lung Cancer about two years,she had small cell lung cancer that had spread all over.
|
Quick Reply