Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Beyaz birth control causing weight gain?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I've been taking Beyaz for a little over 6 months now, and I've noticed changes in the way my pants fit around my hips/thighs. Also, my stomach seems squishy instead of toned as usual. While it's not a drastic change, I can certainly tell a difference. I haven't actually gained many pounds, probably somewhere between 7-10 lbs. I haven't had any lifestyle changes, so I can't really attribute the weight gain to anything other than the birth control. I want to know if I should stop taking the birth control in order to determine if that truly is the cause of my weight gain? I'm not sexually active, therefore, I don't HAVE to take birth control, however, I did have heavier than normal periods and a painful cyst experience in the past. But, I don't like the idea of this weight gain. I've always had a very constant weight, and it's bothered me seeing the changes in my body that have taken place. What should I do? Does anyone have a similar experience? Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 15th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Weight gain can be a side effect of the pill. Talk to your doctor and switch to another type of pill (different hormones).

Also make sure you exercise, and do not eat differently than you did in the past. This can also be caused by the pill.

Take care!
|
Did you find this post helpful?